The Weaver’s House
Address: 121 Upper Spon St, Coventry, CV1 3BQ
Phone: 024 7625 7117
In Spon Street, one of the most historic areas in Coventry, a terrace of six cottages built in 1455 has been brought back to life. One of the cottages has been restored to show how it would have looked in 1540. This shows how John Croke, a Coventry narrow-loom weaver and his family would have lived and worked.
At the back of the Weaver’s House is a medieval garden showing the plants that would have been grown for food, flavouring, medicine and household use.